Ideas for Court Reporting presentation:
- Career Resources Handouts
- Keyboard Photo
- Explanation of being Guardians of the Record
- The Business of Being an Official
- The different careers in Court Reporting & Broadcast Captioning
- Make a list of the top 5 Reasons to Become a Court Reporter
- Ideas for School Visits and a list of Online Schools
- Encourage selfies with the machine posted to social medias for Candy
- Explain the shortage and current need for Court Reporters
Certified Court Reporters CCR Manual & Form Book – 2016 Edition (PDF 763KB)
Free Online Dictation
Linda Fisher, a reporter from New York, has developed a website for students and reporters alike that provides downloadable dictation online. It has dictation ranging in speed from 40 to 230 words per minute. The best part of all is it’s free! Just pick your speed, click, and go. It’s perfect for reporters practicing for the RPR, RMR, or CRR, and for students practicing for the CCR.
For dictionary building, there’s a link to word lists dictated at slow speeds. You can print out the text of the words or write them as they’re dictated. The word lists include frequent words, medical suffixes, economic terms, states and their capitols, genetic terms, legal terms, and countries. You just never know when Zimbabwe might come up. If it does, voila…..you’re covered.