MCRA Mentors Program
MCRA would like to introduce to you our Mentors Program. We are offering this web page as a method to bring professional court reporters and students together, so that students can get the guidance and support they need. Many of our court reporter members want to play a part in the future of court reporters. We encourage all court reporters to take time to speak personally with students.
Guidelines for Prospective Mentors
(As Adopted by NCRA)
- I respect my student’s time, and I will answer e-mails promptly. “Promptly” is a term to be defined by the mentor and student.
- I will try to guide my student by words and example.
- I acknowledge that any views, opinion, guidance, or remarks I may make are personal and may not reflect the views, opinion, guidance, or remarks of the National Court Reporters Association, Missouri Court Reporters Association, or any other professional association.
- I will notify my student when I am unavailable to receive/send e-mails.
- I promise to abide by these guidelines.
- I understand that my assignment as a mentor is voluntary. If I elect to discontinue my participation in the MCRA Online Mentoring Program, I agree to promptly e-mail my student of this decision. As a courtesy to my student and the MCRA Online Mentors Program, I will promptly notify firstname.lastname@example.org of my decision via e-mail so that another mentor may be assigned to my student.
Email email@example.com ATTN: Student Affairs Committee
Guidelines for Students Requesting Mentor
(As Adopted by NCRA)
- I respect my mentor’s time, and I promise to keep my e-mails short and to the point.
- I will try to keep requests for expedited responses to a minimum.
- I realize the relationship between myself and my mentor is professional and that our communications should remain private.
- When venting frustration or concern, I will not use profanity, make derogatory remarks, or specify names of people or entities in my communications.
- I will notify my mentor when I am unavailable to receive/send e-mails.
- I understand and acknowledge that any views, opinions, guidance, or remarks of my mentor are specific to him/her and may not reflect the views, opinions, guidance, or remarks of the National Court Reporters Association, National Verbatim Reporters Association, Missouri Court Reporters Association, or any other professional associations
- I promise to abide by these guidelines. If I fail to adhere to these guidelines, I understand and agree that my name may be removed from the mentoring list.
- I understand that the assignment of mentors is voluntary. If my mentor elects to discontinue his/her participation in the Online Mentoring Program, and I desire to be assigned another mentor, I may choose another mentor through the MCRA Online Mentors Program or request reassignment through firstname.lastname@example.org.