The Presiding Judge of the 9th Judicial Circuit is seeking a full time Court Reporter.
The Court Reporter will be appointed in accordance with Chapter, 485, RSMo and attends
sessions of the court under the direction of the Presiding Judge for the purpose of taking the
record and producing transcripts as applicable. This is a state-paid position that becomes
available August 1, 2020.
- Attends the sessions of the court, under the direction of the circuit judge.
- Makes a verbatim record of the oral evidence offered in every cause tried in said
court to include all objections to the admissibility of testimony, rulings of the court
thereon, and exceptions to such rulings in accordance with Chapter 485, RSMo and
Court Operating Rule 19.
- Preserves all official notes taken in said court for future use or reference by following
the procedures outlined in the 9th Circuit Local Court Rules.
- Furnishes transcripts of all or any part of said evidence or oral proceedings upon
payment of fee as provided in Chapter 485 of Missouri Revised Statues and the 9th
Circuit Local Court Rules.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and received additional training in the
field of Court Stenography. Appointee must be a Certified Court Reporter in the State of
Missouri or have the ability to obtain permanent or temporary certification in accordance
with Supreme Court Rule 14.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand legal terminology.
- Ability to perform court stenography in a courtroom setting.
- Excellent court stenographic skills.
- The position will concern matters heard primarily in Linn County, but the Court reporter must have the ability to travel to Chariton County and Sullivan County in addition to unique occasions when the Circuit Judge is assigned to hear matters outside the 9th Judicial Circuit.
Please submit resume to: Honorable Terry Tschannen
PO Box 84
Linneus, Missouri 64653