Organization: CIRCUIT COURTS – CIRCUIT 30
Pay Range: JS010 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE): 40 Hours/Week
Minimum Salary: $60,072.00
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
The Court Reporter is responsible for making a word-for-word transcript of legal proceedings.
The verbatim documentation in criminal, civil and other court proceedings requires a
professional who is highly skilled and trained in court reporting. This position is state funded.
The employee in this position will work under the direct supervision of the Circuit Judge. The
position will preferably be located in Marshfield; however, consideration will be given for other
locations within the 30 th Judicial Circuit. This position will require reimbursable travel among
the five counties of the Circuit – Webster, Dallas, Polk, Hickory and Benton.
Record and preserve all courtroom proceedings through acceptable verbatim recording
method, such as machine shorthand or steno mask.
Transcribe records of proceedings and provide accurate transcripts to those requesting the
same within a reasonable time, contingent upon payments of fees.
Perform a variety of legal office support work including preparing letters, correspondence,
forms and other documents; edit, proofread and correct written materials; maintain copies of documents; maintain, monitor and update files; generate reports; operate office equipment.
Perform courtroom duties, such as marking exhibits and making computer calendar entries.
- Must be Certified Court Reporter (CCR) as provided by Rule 14 of the Missouri State Supreme
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of personal computers and standard software applications related to court
- Knowledge of filing and electronic record keeping systems.
- Knowledge of legal processes and terminology.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling; advanced skill in communicating effectively using the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in reading and preparing legal documents.
- Skill in applying state statutes, rules and guidelines to perform essential functions of position.
- Advanced skill in discretion and maintaining confidential information.
- Advanced skill in successfully handling stress and working well with court professionals and the public.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures and terminology affecting assigned functions.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow an annual budget.
- Advanced ability to work independently and follow instructions.
How to apply:
Individuals, including current judicial employees, interested in this position must register to
complete a profile and submit an application prior to the application deadline. Individuals who
have previously completed a profile and wish to be considered for this position must login to
their profile and submit an application prior to the application deadline, if applicable. For more
information, visit the Missouri Courts Careers web page (www.courts.mo.gov/careers).
Judge Michael Hendrickson