Each Certified Court Reporter (CCR) must complete at least 10 credit hours (10 contact hours) of continuing education each year. There are a variety of ways to earn continuing education credits, such as:

  • MCRA’s annual convention, which is held each fall, usually in September. Occasionally, half-day seminars are held throughout the year. For a list of upcoming events, check out the calendar. For specific questions, (to be updated) CE Chair.
  • CREC-developed programs, which consists of a two-day program in the summer and a two-day seminar in the fall in conjunction with the Judicial College programs. (The two-day fall program is a duplication of the two-day summer program.) For more information, contact
  • NCRA accredited programs
  • NVRA accredited programs
  • In addition:
    • Other state association seminars
    • Seminars offered by software vendors
    • Higher education courses
    • Adult education classes
    • State-sponsored Speed Contest
    • Successfully passing the CRR (realtime) exam

Note: Continuing education requirements and reporting requirements may vary among the different organizations (i.e., Missouri CCR, NCRA, NVRA). It is the responsibility of the reporter to make sure they report their continuing education points to the appropriate association in a proper and timely manner.


  • If you attend a CREC-sponsored program, those points are automatically reported to the CCR Board. You do not need to do anything.
  • If you are a member of NCRA or NVRA and attend one of their sponsored programs, it is your responsibility to see that your points are reported to the CCR Board, either by providing proof (a copy of your transcript from that organization) or by contacting NCRA or NVRA and requesting that your transcript be sent to the CCR Board.
  • If you attend an MCRA-sponsored program, MCRA will have punch cards available for CCRs. It is your responsibility to make sure you obtain a card and have it punched and turned in at the end of the seminar. It will then be submitted to the CCR Board for you.
  • If you attend a program in another state and are not a member of NCRA or NVRA, you will probably have to use an NCRA or NVRA card and have it punched for each seminar you attend. Keep the card at the end of the seminar and send it, along with a copy of the agenda, to the CCR Board.

Click here for the Certified Court Reporters Continuing Education Application for Accreditation.

Link to National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)

Link to National Verbatim Reporters Association® (NVRA)

For comments or suggestions at this site, contact