- Is MO certification reciprocal to any other certifications?
No. Every reporter working in the State of MO must hold certification issued by the Supreme Court of Missouri Board of Certified Court Reporter Examiners. Tests are given twice a year. See link for more information: http://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=355
- How many CEs are required each year to maintain certification in good standing?
10 CEUs per year are required to maintain your MO certification. See link for more information: https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=357
- Does MO offer a realtime certification?
Yes. The MO CRR is given each year at the annual convention. A reporter who successfully passes the MO CRR shall receive 10 CEs.
- Can a voicewriter obtain certification in Missouri?
Yes. Machine writers and voicewriters are tested at the same time.
- Is MO a great place to work as a court reporter?
Yes. You should apply. Watch our job openings tab for updates!
- Who puts on the annual convention?
Missouri Court Reporters Association has an annual convention that offers 10 CE points.
- Who employs a lobbyist to protect officials jobs and protect freelancers from attempts to get their audio, as was the case this last legislative session?
MCRA has a lobbyist who is looking out for our interests and to protect us!