There shall be annual dues paid by Active, Associate, Student, and General Members. The annual dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors once a year, to be effective January 1 for the calendar year next following adjournment of the Convention, and shall remain the same until changed by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors set January 31 of each year as the date dues are due and payable.
Proration of Dues
When the Board of Directors has approved an applicant for membership, the membership shall become effective on the following basis:
(A) Applicants approved for membership shall pay a full year’s dues.
The following applies to any and all purchases made on behalf of the organization.
1. Purchases over $75 require prior presidential approval. Purchases over $500 require prior board approval.
2. If applicable, purchases made on the Association’s credit card account shall not exceed $1,000 during any given billing period. Such purchases are governed by the preceding paragraph.
3. Any purchases made without authorization and not met with approval are deemed to be the responsibility of the purchaser.
4. The sales/use tax exempt letter shall be used on purchases, when applicable.
5. Each committee Chair shall be responsible for adhering to the budget previously adopted by the Board, to the extent
6. The limit on floral arrangements to be sent to the family of a deceased member is $75. There is no authorization to send
|There shall be the following classes of members:
A. ACTIVE: Active members shall be residents of Missouri, or adjacent states, whose primary place of employment is in Missouri, skilled in the art of verbatim reporting of proceedings, who are further qualified in at least one of the following respects:
1. They are actively employed as an official court reporter in a state or federal court of record; or
2. They are actively engaged in the practice of court reporting in the freelance field; or
3. They are the holder of a current CCR certificate issued by the Board of Certified Court Reporter Examiners mandated by Missouri Supreme Court Rule 14; or
4. They are on the registry of the National Court Reporters Association as a Registered Professional Reporter; or
5. They are on the registry of the National Verbatim Reporters Association as a Certified Verbatim Reporter.
B. ASSOCIATE. A teacher of court reporting, or anyone connected in an official capacity with a school or college conducting a court reporting course, or an owner or principal of a court reporting firm not actively engaged in verbatim reporting, or a videotape technician who has passed the Certified Legal Video Specialist Examination, but need not meet the requirements for skill in the art of verbatim reporting of proceedings.
C. RETIRED. Any active member in good standing who has paid dues for a period of ten years and is no longer in the active practice of court reporting shall, upon filing affirmation of retirement with the Secretary, become a retired member and shall not be required to pay annual dues.
D. STUDENT. Any student of court reporting shall be granted membership as a Student Member, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, upon written application endorsed by a reporter training program instructor or director and member.
|The State shall be divided into regions as follows:
REGION 1: The counties of Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis, Warren, and the City of St. Louis.
REGION 2: The counties of Andrew, Atchison, Bates, Buchanan, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Cooper, Gentry, Henry, Holt, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Nodaway, Pettis, Platte, Ray, Saline, and Worth.
REGION 3: The counties of Adair, Audrain, Boone, Caldwell, Callaway, Chariton, Clark, Cole, Daviess, DeKalb, Gasconade, Grundy, Harrison, Howard, Knox, Lewis, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Marion, Mercer, Monroe, Montgomery, Osage, Pike, Putnam, Ralls, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, and Sullivan.
REGION 4: The counties of Barry, Barton, Benton, Camden, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Hickory, Howell, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, Maries, McDonald, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Newton, Ozark, Polk, Pulaski, St. Clair, Stone, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Webster, and Wright.
REGION 5: The counties of Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Crawford, Dent, Dunklin, Iron, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Oregon, Pemiscot, Perry, Reynolds, Ripley, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Scott, Shannon, Stoddard, Washington, and Wayne.
Members who reside in a state adjacent to Missouri shall be assigned to the region closest in proximity to their place of residence or employment, as determined by the Secretary of this Association.