Description of MCRA Membership Status Categories
ACTIVE: Active Members may be residents of Missouri, or adjacent states, whose primary place of employment is in Missouri, skilled in the art of verbatim reporting of proceedings, who are further qualified in at least one of the following respects:
(1) They are actively employed as an official court reporter in a state or federal court of record; or
(2) They are actively engaged in the practice of court reporting in the freelance field;
(3) They have passed the test given by the Board of Certified Court Reporter Examiners mandated by Missouri Supreme Court Rule 14; or
(4) They are on the registry of the National Court Reporters Association as a Registered Professional Reporter; or
(5) They are on the registry of the National Verbatim Reporters Association as a Certified Verbatim Reporter.
ASSOCIATE: A teacher of court reporting, or anyone connected in an official capacity with a school or college conducting a court reporting course, or an owner or principal of a court reporting firm, or a videotape technician who has passed the Certified Legal Video Specialist Examination, but need not meet the requirements for skill in the art of verbatim reporting of proceedings.
STUDENT: Any student of court reporting shall be granted Membership as a Student Member, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, upon written application endorsed by a reporter training program instructor or director, and member.
GENERAL: A supplier of court reporter products or services. An out-of-state court reporter who is not eligible for membership under Article III, Section 1.a. An administrative staff member and other non-reporter staff member of a court reporting firm.
RETIRED: Any active member in good standing who has paid dues for a period of 10 years and is no longer active practice of court reporting shall, upon filing affirmation of retirement with the Secretary, become a retired member.
– See more at: http://mocra.org/test/description-of-membership/#sthash.o0D9WNGw.dpuf